2019 Fall – Final reflection on Clinical Correlations

Round Three Self-Assessment

Levels of Achievement Criteria Proficient Developing Minimum Performance Unsatisfactory
Content & Focus

Weight 25.00%

100 %

Clearly understands content, focused upon most relevant information. And uses best sources of evidence

Logic and Flow

Weight 25.00%

85 %

Presents an argument or topic in a thorough way, but needs better logic or organization

Analysis

Weight 40.00%

100 %

Identifies relationships and components to clearly support opinions or ideas

Communication/

Collaboration

Weight 10.00%

85 %

Listening or reflecting skills are good and contributes appropriately.

Presents clearly, but could improve speaking style

I really enjoyed the last round of clinical correlations. The cases we did with prof. Lopez were very helpful because each case was relevant to what we were learning. And I learned more about coming up with differential diagnosis, ordering the relevant labs and imaging studies, making an appropriated health care management plan in this class. Discuss the cases with professor and my classmates are very helpful for me to work through the disease process and master the related knowledge. I believe those experiences are useful for my next clinical year. For example, list as more as possible differential diagnosis may help me quickly identify the main problem of the patient and treat them properly.

For Logic & Flow part, I think I need a better organization, even though the topic was presented in a thorough way. For example, in case 3, I should find more details about the LBO surgical procedures, not only list the name of each procedure. I used Up-to-Date most frequently to obtain the tasks for my assignments each week. After the two semesters practice, I believe the UpToDate is a very useful source for many clinical questions. It can help me to answer vary clinical questions. For Communication and Collaboration part, even though I’m able to deliver information and present in a calm and organized manner, my speaking skill needs to be improved.